Baton Rouge, Louisiana(LA), US.
Baton Rouge is the capital of the State of Louisiana and second-largest city of Louisiana. The city of Baton Rouge was named over 300 years ago when on March 17, 1699, Pierre Le Moyne, Sieur d'Iberville, led an expedition along the Mississippi River.
The city's earliest written records are found in the diaries of these explorers which tell the tale of a pole stained with blood of fish and animals that served as the dividing line between the Bayougoula and Houmas Indians. It is from this "red stick" that Iberville christened our city "le Baton Rouge."
* African American Museum, 406 Charles Street (Located in Donaldsonville)
* Louisiana Art and Science Museum, 100 South River Road.
* Baton Rouge Zoo, 3601 Thomas Road.
* Louisiana State Capitol, State Capitol Drive.
* Louisiana State Museum, 660 N. 4th St, near the State Capitol.
* LSU Rural Life Museum, Essen Lane.
* USS KIDD Veterans Memorial Located downtown on the river - Part of the Louisiana Naval Museum.
305 South River Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70802-6220.
* Belle of Baton Rouge Casino, 103 France Street, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70802.
* Parish of East Baton Rouge: Magnolia Mound Plantation
2161 Nicholson Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70802.
* Old State Capitol, 100 North Boulevard, Baton Rouge, LA.
* Baton Rouge Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, 359 Third Street, Baton Rouge, LA.
* Blue Bayou Waterpark, Dixie Landin' Family Theme Park,18142 Perkins Rd.,Baton Rouge, LA 70810.
* Parish of East Baton Rouge: Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Ctr, 10503 North Oak Hills Parkway, Baton Rouge, LA.
* Port Hudson State Commemorative Area,236 Highway 61, Baton Rouge, LA 70805.
* Baton Rouge River Center in Downtown.
* Pennington Balloon Festival.
* Memorial Tower at LSU.
Baton Rouge is a major industrial and petrochemical center of the American South. The Port of Baton Rouge is the ninth largest in the United States in terms of weight. ExxonMobil has the second largest refinery in the country here and among the top 10 in the world.
Baton Rouge is the farthest inland port on the Mississippi that can accommodate ocean-going tankers and cargo carriers.
The largest employer in Baton Rouge is government, which recently consolidated all branches of state government downtown in a complex called "Capitol Park".
270 mi ~ 4 hrs 15 mins from Houston, TX
79.7 mi ~ 1 hr 19 mins from New Orleans, LA
176 mi ~ 2 hrs 47 mins from Jackson, MS
264 mi ~ 4 hrs 10 mins from Shreveport, LA.
>City(s) = Baton Rouge; State(s) = LA; Country = USA.
>Title = Baton Rouge, Louisiana, LA, US - Video.
>Keywords = Baton, Rouge, Louisiana, US, ourtripvideos, our, trip, videos, crlapindfrn, African, American, Museum, Art, and, Science, zoo, State, Capitol, LA, USS, KIDD, Veterans, Memorial, Belle, of, Casino, Parish, East, Blue, Bayou, Waterpark, Pennington, Balloon, Festival, River, Center, Tower, Park, Mississippi, Exxon, Mobil (137)