Knoxville is in Knox County, Tennessee. It is the third-largest city in the state. It is the site of the 1982 Worlds Fair.
The scruffy little city called Knoxville sits nestled on the Tennessee River about an hour from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. One can still see remnants of the 1982 Worlds Fair in the Sunsphere, a rising structure topped with a gold sphere which dots Knoxvilles skyline.
Knoxville is also home to the Womens Basketball Hall of Fame. The basketball teams play in the 21,000+ seat Thompson Boling Arena, and the nationally recognized football team plays in Neyland Stadium, one of the largest on-campus stadiums in the world at 103,000+ seating capacity.
The city is also the home or birthplace of a number of cultural figures, such as authors Cormac McCarthy, James Agee, and Alex Haley, and filmmaker Quentin Tarantino, who mentions the city in all of his films Less culturally, actor and daredevil Johnny Knoxville is from the city.
Other Attractions :
* Candy Factory.
* Fort Sanders neighborhood - A multitude of Victorian-era houses.
* Market Square - A small, historic downtown square, home to dining, retail, a twice weekly farmers market, and special events.
* Old City.
* Gay Street.
* Volunteer Landing. Knoxvilles riverwalk along the Tennessee River.
* Worlds Fair Park. Site of the 1982 Worlds Fair Park and adjacent to the Knoxville Convention Center. Large, kid-friendly fountains. A big hit in the summer months.
* Sunsphere. A modernistic monument built for the 1982 Worlds Fair.
* The Vols The Tennessee Vols are an integral part of the Knoxville lifestyle.
* Museum of East Tennessee History, 601 S. Gay Street.
* The Smoky Mountains. Knoxville is located only 30 minutes from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Gatlinburg.
* Ijams Nature Center, 2915 Island Home Avenue.
* Knoxville Zoo, 3500 Knoxville Zoo Drive.
* The Museum of Appalachia in Norris. About 30 minutes north of Knoxville up I75.
* Chattanooga. About two hours drive to the home of the Tennessee Aquarium.
>City(s) = Knoxville; State(s) = TN; Country = USA.
>Title = Worlds Fair Park, Knoxville, TN, US - Video.
>Keywords = Knoxville, Worlds Fair Park, TN, US, Knox County, Tennessee, scruffy little city, Tennessee River, Great Smoky Mountains National park, Sunsphere, Knoxvilles
skyline, Women Basketball Hall of Fame, authors, Cormac McCarthy, James Agee, Alex Haley, filmmaker Quentin Tarantino, ourtripvideos, our, trip, videos, crlapindfrn (243)