Ocean City, sometimes known as OC, is an Atlantic Ocean resort city in Worcester County, MD. Ocean City is widely known in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States and is a frequent destination for vacationers.
Ocean City stretches along 10 miles of beautiful beach from the Inlet to the Delaware state line. OC classic wooden boardwalk offers nearly 3 miles of food, games and shopping. The Roland E. Powell Convention Center is a highly popular site for meetings of all sizes. And with more than 10,000 hotel rooms and 21,000 condominiums, we have accommodations for every need and taste.
In other words, theres never been a better time to visit OC than right now. Whether it is a vacation, a wedding, a guys or girls getaway, or a weekend of golf or fishing, the best time to visit OC is ASAP!
Top 10 things you should do ASAP when you get to OC.
1) Hit the boardwalk. At just under 3 miles, boardwalk is a perfect family bike ride, an invigorating walk or run, or a relaxing tram ride. At night the boardwalk comes to life with rides, arcades, performers and so much more.
2) Stop counting calories. Ocean City restaurants serve up boardwalk fries, Maryland crab cakes, hot, fresh pizza, juicy Delmarva fried chicken, sweet saltwater taffy and some of the finest dining in the mid-Atlantic. Give your diet the day off.Things to do in Ocean City - watch an Ocean City sunset
3) Catch the suns ups and downs. Sunsets are spectacular on the inlet as the sun sinks down toward the bay. And a glorious sunrise on the Ocean City beach is worth getting up early for.
4) Go back in time. Explore Ocean City, Marylands colorful history at the Life-Saving Station Museum, or take a walking tour of our historic downtown area.
5) Catch Assateagues wild ponies. The famous ponies are just nine miles from OC, along with nature trails, deer, foxes and thousands of birds.
6) Do some serious shopping. Hit our outlets, the boardwalk, enclosed mall, boutiques or do some antiquing in nearby Snow Hill and Berlin.
7) Take 6, free. Enjoy our 6 nights of free family fun.
Enjoy Sundaes in the Park. This favorite family event combines a free concert with ice cream for a small fee at Northside Park, 127th Street (bayside) Sundays from 6 to 8 p.m. While parents enjoy the music, children will enjoy special entertainment just for them. July and August(see the web site links for more information).
Boogie on the Beach, free. Enjoy free concerts for the entire family, Wednesday evenings from 8:00 to 9:30 at the Division Street beach. July, August and September.
Bonfire Hour, free. Join us Thursday nights from 9:00 to 10:00 on the beach at North Division Street. Enjoy the leaping flames, and a wide variety of lively speakers and storytellers. July and August.
Catch a Free Movie Under the Stars, free. Monday and Friday nights June 29th-August 14th at 7:30pm 27th Street on the beach. Families can gather for fun activities and a movie right on the beach.
Family Beach Olympics planned for Tuesday evenings June 30th-August 11th from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on the 27th St. beach, Family Beach Olympics will offer such activities as sand castle contests, tug of war, relay games and more. Children must be accompanied by parents or guardians.
8) Drop a line or grab some crabs, free. Take advantage of the abundance of opportunity to teach your kids to fish or crab at one of our free piers and fishing areas on the bay. Or if you are up for the big catch of the day, check out deep sea fishing excursions or stay close to shore on a bayside headboat.
9) Fore! Ocean City is home to some of the most scenic and challenging courses in the Mid-Atlantic region. Or if putt-putt is more your speed you will find a number of those fun course in town.
10) Plan your return trip to OC ASAP. There is so much to do, you will never fit it all into one visit. So scope out what you would like to try on your next Ocean City vacation, and make your reservations now!
>City(s) = Ocean City; State(s) = MD; Country = USA.
>Title = Ocean City, MD, US - Video.
>Keywords = Ocean, City, OC, Atlantic, resort, Worcester, County, MD, Mid, region, US, vacation, Inlet, to, Delaware, boardwalk, food, games, shopping, Roland, Powell, Convention, Center, accommodations, family, bike, ride, ourtripvideos, our, trip, videos, crlapindfrn, Assateague, wild, ponies, trails, deer, foxes, birds, fun, Boogie, Beach, Free, Movie, Under, the, Stars, Olympics, sand, castle (113)