Newport is a beautiful seaside city in Rhode Island that is famous for its mansions, shopping, and scenery. Newport is also known for hosting the Newport Folk Festival and the Newport Jazz Festival and many other Festivals and Fairs.
Cobblestone streets and brick sidewalks accent an upscale touristy downtown area with many shops, galleries and great restaurants and its all located along water.
Newport sits on the southern end of Aquidneck Island and features several fine beaches, rocky cliffs and much history including an old fort.
* Famous Cliff Walk. - Dedicated in 1975, this 3.5 mi. (5.6 km) public access walkway is a beautiful walk that must be taken. Some of the best views in New England can be seen from this beautiful area. This walk allows you to see and be a part of the Atlantic ocean that day. Wildlife can be seen everywhere.
* The Ocean Drive, This is a 10 mile drive along the beautiful Newport shoreline. Along the drive you will see, Green Bridge, The Private Beaches (Gooseberry Beach, Hazards Beach, Bailey's Beach), many amazing houses (not mansions), and Brenton Point State Park, Castle Hill Inn and it ends at Fort Adams.
Newport Mansion tours are not only for those interested in historical architecture or Rhode Island history, but for all ages due to the walk through tours, audio information, and the overall grandiose appeal of the estates.
* Astor's Beechwood Mansion, 580 Bellevue Av. A privately owned living history museum of the summer cottage of the Astor family's of New York Society.
* Belcourt Castle, Bellevue Av. Built between 1891 and 1894 for Oliver Belmont. Privately owned but open to the public.
* The Breakers, Ruggles Av. Built between 1893 and 1895 by the Vanderbilt family. The Preservation Society of Newport County now owns The Breakers.
* Chateau-sur-Mer, Bellevue Av.
* Chepstow, Ruggles Av....
Newport is known for its beautiful beaches. There are a variety of both public and private beaches located in the Newport area.
* Bailey's Beach, Ocean Avenue.
* Eastons Beach, Memorial Boulevard.
* Fort Adams State Beach. Located in Fort Adams State Park on Ocean Avenue.
* Gooseberry Beach, Ocean Avenue.
* Hazard Beach, Ocean Avenue.
* Kings Beach.
* International Tennis Hall of Fame at the Newport Casino, 194 Bellevue Av.
* Museum of Yachting, Fort Adams Dr. in Fort Adams State Park.
* Newport Art Museum, 76 Bellevue Av.
* Naval War College Museum, 686 Cushing Road.
* Samuel Whitehorne House Museum, 416 Thames St.
* Touro Synagogue National Historic Site, 85 Touro Street.
>City(s) = Newport; State(s) = RI; Country = USA.
>Title = Newport, RI, US - Video.
>Keywords = Newport, RI, US, Pictures, Video, ourtripvideos, our, trip, videos, crlapindfrn, Rhode, Island, Folk, Festival, Jazz, Fairs, Aquidneck, beaches, rocky, cliffs, history, old, fort, New, England, The, Ocean, Drive, Green, Bridge, Private, Gooseberry, Beach, Hazards, Baileys, Brenton, Point, State, Park, Castle, Hill, Inn, Adams (195)