Nashville is the capital of the American state of Tennessee. It is sometimes called the "Country Music Capital of the World" or more often "Music City, USA"; however, in recent years, Nashville has done much to escape its country music image and become a regional center of culture and commerce.
In fact, Dell, Nissan, and Saturn have all moved some operations to or near the city. Nashville has been the home of the world-famous Grand Ole Opry since 1925. Nashville was founded in 1779 and it grew rapidly because of its excellent location on the Cumberland River.
General to See
* AT&T Building - An instantly recognizable downtown Nashville landmark. 333 Commerce Street. It is the tallest building in the state of Tennessee. Its two tall spires on the building have earned it the nickname, "The Batman Building."
* Midtown Nashville. Located in the Vanderbilt University/West End area, midtown Nashville is replete with restaurants, art galleries, and landmark buildings such as the Parthenon in Centennial Park.
* Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge - the bridge was used for automobile traffic between East Nashville and Downtown.
* Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, 222 Fifth Ave S.
* Music Valley Wax Museum, 2515 McGavock St.
* Musica is a 38 foot tall sculpture.
* Ryman Auditorium, the "Mother Church of Country Music".
* Belle Meade Plantation, 5025 Harding Road.
* Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park, 600 James Robertson Parkway.
* Belmont Mansion, 1900 Belmont Blvd.
* Fort Negley. A civil-war era fort partially reconstructed by the Works Progress Administration in the 1930s.
* The Hermitage, 4580 Rachel's Lane.
* Tennessee State Capitol (Union Fort Johnson).
* Tennessee State Museum, 505 Deadrick St.
General to Do
* Yazoo Brewery, 1200 Clinton St, Nashville, TN 3720.
* Adventure Science Center.
* General Jackson Showboat, 2800 Opryland Dr.
* Nashville Zoo at Grassmere, 3777 Nolensville Rd.
* Centennial Park, West End Avenue at 25th Avenue. The Parthenon in the Park.
* LP Field is a football stadium
* Grand Ole Opry, 2812 Opryland Dr.
>City(s) = Nashville; State(s) = TN; Country = USA.
>Title = Nashville, TN, US - Video.
>Keywords = Nashville, TN, Tennessee, Country, Music, Capital, of, the, World, City, USA, Dell, Nissan, Saturn, Grand, Ole, Opry, Cumberland, River, AT, Building, Midtown, Shelby, Street, Pedestrian, Bridge, Hall, Fame, Valley, Musica, Bicentennial, Capitol, Mall, State, Park, Belle, Meade, Yazoo, Brewery, Adventure, Science, Jackson, Showboat, Zoo, Centennial, ourtripvideos, our, trip, videos, crlapindfrn (228)