Charlotte is an ambitious and very rapidly growing city in the southern part of central North Carolina. It is the largest city in the state. As of 2006, the Charlotte-Gastonia-Salisbury combined statistical area (CSA) had a regional population of 2,389,763. It is the center of finance, industry, technology, and entertainment for the region.
Primarily known in the past as a business center, Charlotte is steadily developing its fledgling tourist industry; currently its central core is one of the most visitor-friendly districts in the Carolinas.
Charlotte Info Center 330 S Tryon St and 200 E Seventh St, are the main locations in city center, while a third is inside the airport. Brochures, souvenirs, and advice are available for first-time visitors as well as long-time residents.
Charlotte is a city that thrives on big business (specifically banking and is thus the second leading banking center in the country). Its most visible employers are Wells Fargo/Wachovia (the citys largest employer), Bank of America, Duke Energy, Nucor, Sonic Automotive, Continental Tire NA, SPX, Lowes and Family Dollar.
* Bechtler Museum of Modern Art.
* Billy Graham Library.
* Carolinas Aviation Museum, 4108 Airport Dr.
* Charlotte-Mecklenburg Fire Education Center and Museum .
* Charlotte Nature Museum in Freedom Park.
* Charlotte Trolley Museum in Historic South End.
* Discovery Place on N Tryon between 6th and 7th.
* Discovery Place KIDS-Huntersville (Coming Fall 2010).
* Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture.
* Historic Rosedale Plantation.
* Levine Museum of the New South, 200 E 7th St.
* The Light Factory.
* McColl Center for Visual Art.
* Mint Museum of Art, 2730 Randolph Rd.
* Mint Museum of Craft + Design.
* NASCAR Hall of Fame.
* Second Ward Alumni House Mu.
Charlotte benefits from a highly centralized location in the Carolinas, giving visitors the option of driving to either the beach or the mountains if they choose. Cities within day-trip range include Asheville, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and the Raleigh/Durham area. If you are interested in seeing smaller Southern towns, consider a short drive to Matthews, Davidson, or Huntersville; all are within 15 minutes drive on the interstate.
>City(s) = Charlotte; State(s) = NC; Country = USA.
>Title = Charlotte, NC, US - Video.
>Keywords = Charlotte, NC, US, Nort, Carolina, Gastonia Salisbury, Info, Center, Tryon St, Wells Fargo, Wachovia Bank, Bank of America, Bechtler Museum, Billy Graham Library, Carolinas Aviation Museum, Asheville, Greensboro, Raleigh, ourtripvideos, our, trip, videos, crlapindfrn (250)