They invited all to become part of the Berkeley Kite Festival where the earth, wind, and sky combine to create an unequaled festival experience. During the past 30 years, the Berkeley Kite Festival has developed a soaring reputation as one of the premier free family festivals on the West Coast.
When they started the Berkeley Kite Festival 30 years ago, they could never have imagined what a wonderfully vibrant spectacle it would become. Great oppertunity to join for this one-of-a-kind event, which brings our community together in a fantastic and dynamic way.
* Worlds Largest Octopus Kite
* Humongous Kites: Bigger than a house and longer than a train!
* Team Kite Ballet
* The Berkeley Kite Wranglers and Friends
* West Coast Kite Championship competition presented by BASKL
* 20,000 sq. ft. of Giant Creature Kites from New Zealand!
* Taiko Drummers
* Japanese-Style Rokkaku Kite Battle for the Skies
* Giant Kite Sales Tent
* Manufacturers Demonstrations
* Free Kite Making, Kite Flying Lessons and Candy Drop!
* Great Food and Music!
* Arts and Crafts Booths
* Sunday Evening Dinner Cruise on the Empress Hornblower Dining Yacht
Visited on July 28, around 10am.
>City(s) = Berkeley; State(s) = CA; Country = USA.
>Title = Berkeley Kite Festival and West Coast Kite Championships, Berkeley, CA, USA - Video.
>Keywords = Annual Berkeley Kite Festival, West Coast Kite Championships, Berkeley, CA, USA, highlinekites, Rokkaku Kite Battle, Cesar Chavez Park (794)
>Catg = Park [National/State/Regional /Local/Recreation Area] , Cultural/Festival/Music [Greek, Indian, American, etc] , Fair/Exhibition [County Fair/ Trade/ Car/ Mela/ Shopping/ Mall]