The city of Asheville is nestled between the Blue Ridge Mountains and Great Smoky Mountains in Western North Carolina. The city is the largest city in Western N Carolina, the 9th largest city in the State.
Asheville is a popular tourist destination and is known as a liberal, artsy community. This Paris of the South, has also been described as the San Francisco of the East, New Age Mecca, and Land of the Sky.
Points of interest :
* Biltmore Estate - 1 Approach Rd. A French Renaissance-inspired chateau; with over 250 rooms, it is the largest single family home in the U.S. and the largest privately-owned house in the world, just a few minutes outside the city and should be on any visitors itinerary. Basic admission includes access to the fabulous gardens, stables, expansive hiking trails, winery and self-guided house tour.
* Blue Ridge Parkway - Some of the most beautiful waterfalls can be reached via the Blue Ridge Parkway. Park your car on any Parkway overlook and there will most likely be a trail nearby. Popular spots include Mount Pisgah (15 miles south on the Parkway), Graveyard Fields (25 miles south on the Parkway), Craggy Gardens (24 miles north on the Parkway), and Mount Mitchell, the eastern United States highest mountain (35 miles/1 hour drive north on the Parkway). The Parkway intersects Asheville at US 25, US 70, US 74A and NC 191.
* Botanical Gardens at Asheville.
* Grove Park Inn - 290 Macon Ave. Completed in 1913, this historic resort hotel is an important example of the Arts and Crafts style.
* North Carolina Arboretum - 100 Frederick Law Olmsted Wy.
* Smith-McDowell House - 283 Victoria Rd.
* Sliding Rock - Pisgah National Forest.
* Bent Creek - Pisgah National Forest.
* Great Smoky Mountains National Park is on the border of North Carolina and Tennessee and is the countrys most visited national park.
* McCormick Field - is a baseball park and home of the minor league Asheville Tourists.
* Basilica of St. Lawrence, 97 Haywood St.
* Asheville City Hall. This building epitomizes the Art Deco style of the 1920s.
* Buncombe County Courthouse.
>City(s) = Asheville; State(s) = NC; Country = USA.
>Title = Asheville, NC, US - Video.
>Keywords = Asheville, NC, US, Blue Ridge Mountains Parkway, Great Smoky, North Carolina, Botanical Gardens, Grove Park Inn, Arboretum, Smith McDowell House, Sliding Rock, Basilica, City Hall, Buncombe County Courthouse, ourtripvideos, our, trip, videos, crlapindfrn (249)